Nicola Sturgeon discusses Scotland’s post-Brexit future
In this video, Nicola Sturgeon discusses Scotland’s post-Brexit future with Reuters.
Key points that come up:
- Why the SNP will not support the EU(Withdrawal) Bill at Westminster.
- Why the Scottish Government could potentially agree to it at Holyrood but not in its current form as it threatens the devolution settlement.
- The possibility of forcing the UK Government to remain within the EU Customs Union.
- What the Scottish Government is doing to protect Scottish businesses from Brexit.
- The timing of indyref2.( Hints at a decision being made in the Autumn).
- The situation in Catalonia.
- The looming UK constitutional crisis.
- The currency an independent Scotland might use.
- How Brexit strengthens the case for independence.
- The Paris agreement and climate change.
- The problem with Project Fear.
- Salmond on Russia Today.
- Consent as it is framed in the EU(Withdrawal) Bill.
— Reuters UK (@ReutersUK) May 14, 2018